Your body can be a fat burning machine!
But… it probably isn’t right now. Don’t worry, most people are not currently using their body as a fat burning machine. A lifetime of less than perfect decisions may have led you down a weight gaining road. You may be surprised to hear that dieting is the the magic exit you’re looking for. Start by changing your unhealthy behaviors, pay attention to what you eat and record it in a food journal and get moving. These are all great ways to turn around and build your body back to a fat burning machine.
Here are the best 6 tips to burn more fat for weight loss
1. Eat more protein. Proper levels of protein intake is essential to helping anyone build a body that is a fat burning machine. A key benefit of eating more protein is that it can help you feel fuller longer. Foods such as peanut butter, fish, nuts and poultry are great sources of protein. Also, muscles need protein to help repair after a long and intense workout. Adding more protein to your diet is a great way to build muscle and burn more fat.
2. Increase essential fats.The next important way to increase your body’s fat burning capacity is to increase your levels of essential fats. Trans fat and saturated fats are not examples of essential fats. Essential fats include DHA, CLA and EPA and can be found in fish like salmon, tuna and shellfish. If you’re not a fan of seafood you can still get your daily dose of essential fats with almonds, flaxseed, walnuts and fish oil supplements. Also, many vegetables provide a great source of CLA, which breaks down into EPA and DHA after you consume them.
3. Drink more water. I know… this is brand new information, right? The fact is – a great way to keep your body working at an optimum level is to drink more water. In addition to water being filling, it combats dehydration; which is known to hurt your body’s ability to burn fat. 6-8 glasses a day should keep your body working hard to burn more fat, helping you lose more weight.
4. Throw out the scale. If you want to burn more fat and lose more weight, then get rid of your scale. Ridding yourself of the scale won’t actually do much in the way of changing your body to into a fat burning machine. However, in order to measure your progress have a fitness professional or workout buddy assess your body fat with a body fat calculator. Don’t measure pounds lost as fat lost because they are not one in the same so those numbers on the scale are probably deceiving you.
5. Eat lower glycemic foods. Eating foods with a lower GI will slow your body’s release of sugar into your bloodstream. Carbohydrates are not inherently higher glycemic foods. Carbs such as the ones found in fruits and vegetables are lower glycemic foods that can help regulate your body chemistry and keep your blood sugar even.
6. Exercise. Like drinking more water, this tip is pretty self explanatory. If you want to lose weight, you have to exercise. Eat a balanced diet, exercise with varying routines of resistance training and cardio training and drink plenty of water.
Indeed, if you commit to living a more healthy lifestyle; eating supportively, staying hydrated, increasing your intake of protein, essential fats and lower GI carbs, you will see your body change into a fat burning machine and you will lose weight! You don’t have to do it alone. Everyone needs support. Give us a call today to get started on transforming your body into a fat burning machine!