Our friend Juli at Paleomg.com created this delicous PALEO breakfast recipe adding Shashuka, a Moroccan spiced tomato sauce to this simple 5 ingredient meal.
Prep Time: 15 min
Cook Time: 30 min
- 2 sweet potatoes, diced
- 2 tablespoon ghee, melted
- pinch of salt
- 1 pound breakfast sausage
- 1 jar of Mina’s Shakshuka Sauce
- 4 cups thinly sliced kale*
- just a little bit of salt
- green onions, for garnish
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Place diced sweet potatoes on the sheet then toss with melted ghee and a sprinkle of salt. Place in oven to bake for about 30 minutes, until sweet potatoes are slightly crispy yet soft on the inside.
- While sweet potatoes are cooking, place breakfast sausage in a large saute pan over medium heat. Break up with a wood spatula into small pieces, until no pink remains and sausage becomes slightly crispy. Then add the jar of shakshuka sauce along with kale and mix to combine. Let simmer for about 10 minutes, until kale is soft and cooked through. Sprinkle with a little bit of salt then mix.
- Serve a scoop of sweet potatoes with a scoop of the breakfast sausage mixture on top and freshly sliced green onions for garnish!
*The thinner you slice the kale, the better. And the faster it will cook and really mix well into the dish.
Recipe by: Juli at Paleomg.com