Only 5 ingredients – it doesn’t get much easier than that. Make a casserole and reheat it for a several days of breakfast.
Prep Time: 25 mins
Cook Time: 40 mins
- 2 cups diced butternut squash
- 2 tablespoons ghee
- 1 pound breakfast sausage
- 1 tablespoon minced sage + extra sage leaves for garnish
- 10 eggs, whisked
- salt and pepper. to taste
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Grease an 8×8 baking dish. Line baking sheet with parchment paper. Toss butternut squash in ghee and sprinkle with salt. Place in oven to bake for 20-25 minutes, until soft and browned. Reduce oven temperature to 350 degrees F.
- Cook breakfast sausage in medium saute pan over medium heat. Break breakfast sausage into small pieces and cook until no pink remains.
- Whisk together eggs then add in breakfast sausage, butternut squash, minced sage along with salt and pepper. Pour mixture into greased baking dish, top with extra sage leaves, then place in an oven for 30-40 minutes, until no jiggle remains.
Recipe by: Juli at Paleomg.com