Here’s a round-up of 3 Healthy Lunch Sandwiches from our friend Juli at Paleomg.com. Juli is always creating delicious meals for us to enjoy!
1. Chipotle Lettuce Wraps
Prep Time: 10 mins
- 4 large butter lettuce leaves
- 2 pieces of thinly sliced turkey (I used Applegate Farms brand)
- 2 pieces of thinly sliced ham (again, I used Applegate Farms brand)
- 2 tablespoons Sir Kensington’s Chipotle Mayo or homemade chipotle mayo
- a few thin slices of red onion (this is totally up to you how much you use)
- 1/4 avocado, thinly sliced
- Place 2 butter leaves on top of each other. Then top with turkey, ham, mayo, red onion and avocado.
- Repeat with other butter leaves.
2. Open Faced Smoked Salmon Salad Sandwiches
Prep Time: 10 mins
Serves: 2 open faced sandwiches
- 4 ounces smoked salmon
- 1 celery stick, minced
- 1 green onion, minced
- 1 tablespoon minced red onion
- 1 tablespoon fresh dill, minced
- 4 tablespoons avocado mayo
- pinch of black pepper
- 1 Against The Grain Gourmet Original Roll or make your own, cut in half
- 1/2 avocado, thinly sliced
- sprouts, for garnish
- Mix together salmon, celery, green onion, red onion, dill, mayo and black pepper until well combine.
- Spread just a little bit of mayo on each half of the roll and a few slices of avocado. Top with salmon salad and sprouts.
- That’s it! Eat up!!
3. Strawberry Poppyseed Chicken Salad Sandwiches
Prep Time: 30 mins
- PaleOMG Biscuits or Against The Grain Rolls (that’s what I used here)
- 1/2 cup Strawberry Poppyseed Dressing
- 1/4 cup Primal Kitchen mayo or homemade mayo
- 2 cups cooked, diced and cooled chicken
- 1/4 cup diced celery (1 stalk of celery)
- 1/4 cup diced carrot (1 small carrot)
- 1/4 small white onion, minced
- 1/4 cup diced walnuts
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon fine sea salt
- Make biscuits, unless you use the rolls I note above. Make dressing and mayo, if needed.
- Mix all ingredients for the chicken salad in a large bowl until well combined.
- Make sandwiches or eat it by itself!
Recipes by: Juli at Paleomg.com