Need some fast and easy ideas for breakfast?
- Cereal with fresh fruit. Check the nutrition label first – aim for at least 3 grams of fiber and no more than 5 grams of sugar per serving. Then, pour one serving size.
- Oatmeal with fresh fruit. You can also use oat bran
- Whole grain carbs with yogurt. A slice of whole grain toast or English muffin with a yogurt on the side. Add some protein by mixing your jam with low-fat cottage cheese, nut butter or Laughing Cow cheese wedges.
- Greek yogurt with fruit. Berries work best to add flavor to your yogurt. Sprinkle some flax seed mill for added healthy fats.
- Cottage cheese with fruit. Add some berries or sliced banana.
- Breakfast trail mix. In a ziplock bag, mix dry cereal with dried fruit and nuts. You can make this the night before and take it on the road with you. Grab a yogurt too.
- Eggs. It really only takes a couple of minutes to scramble eggs. Make them delicious with a slice of low-fat cheese and your favorite vegetables.
- Eggs on the go. Wrap those delicious eggs up in a whole wheat tortilla and take it with you. Ezikiel is making them now.
- Old school PB&J. When you’re really in a pinch, a good old fashion peanut butter and jelly whole wheat sandwich with Greek yogurt will give you the whole grain carbs, protein and fiber you need in the morning.
- Leftovers. Who says chicken and vegetables are not breakfast foods? If it was healthy last night, it’s still healthy this morning. Heat it up and enjoy!
Now, you have 10 more reasons not to skip this incredible important meal of the day. There are still many more great breakfast ideas out there. Share yours! What do you eat that supports your healthy lifestyle and gives you energy to start your morning? Leave your comments below.