Red Velvet Cupcakes – the Bootique version
These are the super delicious red velvet cupcakes we made for the Bootique client appreciation party. They were incredibly moist, and a big hit! They are easy to make and lighter in calories due to the healthier substitutions we used.
- 1 box red velvet cake mix
- 1 1/4 cup water
- 1/2 cup Low fat vanilla or plain yogurt
- 3 egg whites
- 2 TBSP vanilla sugar free pudding mix powder
Lighter Cream Cheese Frosting
- 1 (8 oz) package 1/3 less fat cream cheese
- 1 cup of powdered sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, softened in the microwave for 10 seconds)
- 1 TBSP vanilla
- Preheat the oven to 350* and line 24 cup cake holders in the pan.
- Separate 3 egg whites from the yolks. Throw away the yolks.
- Mix all cake ingredients together.
- Use a 1/4 measuring cup to fill 24 cup cake holders about 2/3 full each.
- Bake for 13 minutes or until done (use a toothpick to test if it comes out clean)
- Mix all frosting ingredients together. Spoon on top of cupcakes.
- I used a simple cake decorating kit from target to make icing easier and prettier.