Zumba San Diego by Bootique Fitness
Lose Yourself in the MUSIC
Find Yourself in SHAPE
Get information about our Zumba Parties!
Seriously, this was the best Zumba® class I have ever taken. The music was all upbeat, the moves were not complex but targeted all the right body parts, and the atmosphere was cozy.- Nikki G, San Diego
Zumba® combines high energy and and motivating music with unique moves and combinations that allow you to dance away your worries. Zumba® is not only great for the body, but also great for the mind. Reduce stress, increase energy, burn fat, lose weight, build endurance, strengthen your heart, and gain confidence, all with a smile on your face.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Tuesdays & Thursdays - 5:30 pm
- Saturdays - 9:00 am
- Sundays - 10:00 am
- 2971 India St - Click here for a map
- Zumba® is a class that allows you to forget that you are working out. Get swept up in the fun of moving and dancing to Latin and other international dance styles in this class designed with easy to follow moves that will keep your heart pumping and your metabolism burning. This innovative dance-based fitness class uses a mix of fast and slow rhythms to create an interval style program that will help you shed fat easier and quicker.The amazing secret to Zumba® is that it is easy to get hooked! You can start at any fitness level, you don't have to be a 'dancer'. Once you're hooked, you will really notice the benefits of this energizing and fun class as your body transforms to a slimmer and healthier you. This class is designed for all dance/fitness levels, including beginners! Men and women of all ages will benefit from and enjoy this class!
- The most important thing is to be comfortable. Dress in athletic wear and be prepared to sweat. It is recommended to wear sneakers that support aerobic activity and lateral movement. A cross-trainer would work well or you may choose to get a specialized dance sneaker. Running and walking shoes generally have thicker tread which may make them harder to dance in.
- Bring bottled water and a towel if needed, burning up to 800 calories can be pretty sweaty!
- An average Zumba® class can burn 500 to 800 calories! You can of course burn more or less depending on your intensity and fitness level.
- No, you do not need to be a dancer. Zumba® is designed for everyone, no experience necessary. The dance movements are simple and repetitive - which makes it easy enough for beginners and still challenging enough for advanced students. Don't worry if you don't get all the steps in one class. Start with the legs and keep moving. As you keep coming to class, you will naturally pick up the moves incorporating more hip and arms to the dances. If you can move, Zumba® is for you. If you enjoy music, Zumba® is for you. If you want to enjoy a workout, Zumba® is for you. If you need a change of pace, Zumba® is for you.
- Prepare to sweat! Zumba® will get your heart pumping and increase your endurance - you'll have more energy and burn fat. The moves will work your core (abs, back and hips) to strengthen and define them. Besides the physical benefits, Zumba® is a "feel good" workout, not a dreaded chore. The music is motivating and fun, you'll leave happy. Results vary by individual and depend on diet and frequency of exercise, but you may be pleasantly surprised by the scale, the mirror, by how much better your clothes fit, and by how much more energy you have!
- Zumba® is a great mix of Latin and international dances combining Latin and other international music that combines the elements of Salsa, Merengue, Soca, Hip-hop, Reggaeton, Bellydance, Samba, and Pop Music together in a fun, energizing workout. The instructor will often break down some of the main moves before each song. There will be students of all shapes, sizes, fitness, coordination and skill levels in class, so don't worry about standing out. Just relax into the music and keep moving. Drink water before, during and after your workout! Very important to stay well hydrated. If you feel tired or out of breath, slow down, your body needs to build up endurance and strength, go at your own pace.
- YES, you can just show up, but we recommend making a reservation as drop ins are first come first serve, and we would hate to have to turn you away because class is full. Click here to make a reservation. Please contact us if you have any further questions 619.602.8087.
When are classes for Zumba® San Diego?
Where are Zumba® Classes in San Diego?
The thing about Jaylin is that she always creates a really safe space for you to have fun, not feel judged, and work at your own level. That was the most distinguishing factor about her Boot Camp, and it's carried through to this Zumba® class too. The enthusiasm is infectious; it really is more like being at a party than exercising.- Jessica P, San Diego
What is Zumba® San Diego?
What should I wear to a Zumba® class in San Diego?
What should I bring to Zumba®?
She incorporates Zumba with hip hop and a little bit of sass. I never knew working out could be so much fun. An hour passes, and I almost wish I could dance more. Great energy and female support (though guys can shake it too). I feel sexier and more toned after a workout. Before the session starts, you'll see the instructors sometimes dance for fun and you can't help but feel excited to start.- Christine T, San Diego
Can I really burn up to 800 calories in a class?
Do I have to be a dancer?
What are the benefits of a Zumba® class by Bootique Fitness?
Can't recommend it enough. Seriously. I've been to other Zumba® classes in the past and they're kind of fun, but definitely not a workout. Jaylin's Zumba® classes are fun and you keep moving and sweating the whole time... replaces your workout for that day... a total workout. You won't be disappointed!- Lisa M, San Diego
What should I expect in a Zumba® dance class?
I want to come take your Zumba® class. Can I just show up or do I need to make a reservation?