Prep time: 20 mins
Cook time: 40 mins
For the sweet potatoes
- 2 sweet potatoes, diced
- 3 tablespoons melted ghee
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- ½ teaspoon cumin
- ½ teaspoon chili powder
For the hash
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and place diced sweet potatoes on top. Pour ghee on top and sprinkle with spices then use hands to thoroughly toss. Place in oven to bake for 25-30 minutes, until browned and soft.
- While sweet potatoes cook, place a large cast iron skillet over medium heat. Add ghee along with onion and bell peppers. Sprinkle with a bit of salt then toss every couple minutes to help cook evenly until peppers are slightly golden – about 10-12 minutes.
- While peppers are cooking, place all the mixture for the easy pico in a bowl, mix then place in a the fridge to chill until food is ready.
- Once the sweet potatoes are done cooking, place them into the cast iron skillet with the peppers and place over a medium-low heat to help held the flavors together and keep warm.
- Lastly, place a large non-stick sauté pan over medium-low heat and grease to make sure the eggs don’t stick. Carefully crack 4 (or more) Vital Farms eggs into the pan and cook low and slow for about 5-6 minutes for over easy eggs with the white completely cooked through and yolks creamy and delicious.
- When the eggs are done cooking, remove hash from heat then use a spatula to place each on top of the hash. Garnish with freshly sliced avocado, a couple spoonfuls of pico, crack pink peppercorns, and cilantro
Recipe by: Juli at Paleomg.com