Prep time: 10 mins
Cook time: 45 mins
- 2 tablespoons ghee
- 16 ounces pearl onions (I buy them in the frozen isle because then they are already peeled)
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 16 ounces sliced button mushrooms
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh sage
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh rosemary
- 12 eggs, whisked
- 1 tablespoon unsweetened almond milk
- salt and black pepper, to taste
- pinch of red pepper flakes
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Place a large cast iron skillet over medium heat. Add ghee and pearl onions. Let onions cook down for about 10 minutes, tossing every minute or so to keep from burning. Once onions having begun to brown, add balsamic vinegar and cook for another 3-4 minutes, until vinegar cooks off.
- Add mushrooms and garlic to the pan and cook for another 3-4 minutes, until the mushrooms have cooked. Then add the sage, thyme and rosemary and cook for another few minutes, until the herbs become fragrant.
- While the herbs cook, whisk together eggs, almond milk and a bit of salt and pepper together in a bowl. Pour the egg mixture on top of the mushrooms and onions and let cook for about 5 minutes over medium heat, until the edges begin to curl in. Then place in the oven to bake for 15-20 minutes, until the middle is no longer jiggly.
- Sprinkle with red pepper flakes on top before serving!
Recipe by: Juli at Paleomg.com